Sunday, November 30, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
* I guess there wont be a Nicole-Paris double wedding anymore
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
Bronx Mowgli Wentz weighed in at 7 pounds 11 ounzes and was 20.5 inches long. Overall a very average baby.
What is not average is that name - Bronx Mowgli Wentz.
Okay, in the days after Sarah Palin and her odd name choices, we could overlook Bronx, but Mowgli?
Still can’t remember where you’ve heard that name before. Well, Mowgli is the little boy in the Jungle Book.
It seems that Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz are stuck in some kind of bizzarre fairy tale world. First they had a Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland theme wedding, the baby shower theme was Winnie the Pooh, now they’ve named that poor baby after a mischievious Jungle Book character. Ever heard of the Peter Pan syndrome?
Thursday, November 20, 2008
1. The books -- "Twilight," published in 2005, is the first in the four-tome series, followed by "New Moon," "Eclipse" and "Breaking Dawn."
Bella: Kristen Stewart
2. Bella Swan -- The 17-year-old heroine, played in the film by Kristen Stewart ("Into the Wild," "Panic Room"), is new in the small town of Forks, Wash., where she goes gooey for a handsome classmate who happens to be a vampire. Bella is the books' first-person narrator.
3. Edward Cullen -- The aforementioned vamp, the tall, pale and handsome yin to Bella's yang. Played by Robert Pattinson -- best known as Cedric Diggory in the "Harry Potter" films -- Edward protects her from evil bloodsuckers. And smooches her.
Edward: Robert Pattinson
4. The Cullen family -- Edward is one of four adopted siblings, and his father, Carlisle, is the town doctor. They're all vampires, but are benevolent and drink animal blood.
5. Jacob Black -- He has a small role in the first book/film, but he must be mentioned: He's played by Grand Rapids-born, Hudsonville-raised star-in-the-making Taylor Lautner. Jacob, who lives with his father in LaPush, the Indian reservation home to the Quileute tribe, is one of Bella's oldest friends. He has a larger role in subsequent stories.
The Cullens: Jackson Rathbone as Jasper and Ashley Greene as Alice
6. Stephenie Meyer -- Lots of comparisons to J.K. Rowling for this writer and recent multimillionaire, who got the idea for "Twilight" from a dream. She had input on the movie script, and has a cameo in the diner scene. She's now writing the series from Edward's point of view.
7. Catherine Hardwicke -- Highly credible director gets a major shot at the mainstream with "Twilight." She's no stranger to the subject matter of teenage girls -- her directorial debut was "thirteen," a shocking drama about junior-high girls discovering sex and drugs.
8. Sequels -- Considering advance ticket sales and oodles of hype, they seem like a sure thing. Film studio Summit Entertainment already has optioned the other three books.
9. Team Edward/Team Jacob -- It's no secret "New Moon" finds Bella broken up with the vamp and getting together with howling-at-the-moon Jacob. Hence, the "Twilight" fanbase is divided (and Lautner has a built-in fan base).
10. The next big franchise? -- It sure seems that way. When "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" was bumped from the release schedule, "Twilight" took its prime pre-Thanksgiving spot. Hardwicke recently told Entertainment Weekly it likely would have to earn $150 million before the studio green-lights "New Moon."
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
R&B beauty Rihanna, who already has four tattoos – a music note on her ankle, a star on her left ear, a Pisces sign behind her right ear and a Sanskrit prayer on her hip – unveiled a new cascade of stars down her back earlier this year.
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Wearing a subtle white blouse and black baggy pants, Britney joined Madonna on stage to sing the last verse of the track “Human Nature,” much to the delight of the packed house, which included some serious star power – Jennifer Lopez, Ryan Seacrest, Heidi Klum, Drew Barrymore, Nicole Richie and Fergie and Donald Sutherland.
As Brit finished up her performance, Madonna gave her a hug and kissed her on the hand as Britney left the stage.